Monday, April 8, 2013

FMM: TV & Movies

It's Monday again! And after missing a few Friend Makin' Mondays (one from illness, one from sheer laziness), I'm jumping on the bandwagon again.

Remember, if you want to see the original post and more answers from other bloggers, go to the blog All the Weigh.

Here we go!

1. If you could be a recurring star on a show that is currently on TV, which show would you choose? I don't watch many current TV shows (aside from "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood") because we watch a lot of Netflix, but I guess I would like to be on "Downton Abbey." I mean, who wouldn't? Fancy clothes, elaborate meals, English countryside. Yes please!
A Minnesota gal would fit in here, right?

2. Name the movie that you are most embarrassed to admit that you love. There are many movies from my childhood that I still love to watch, like "Adventures in Babysitting" or "Home Alone." I love them both.

3. Name one show that you’ve never seen and would love to watch.  As I said above, we don't watch much new TV shows, but I would like to see some of the shows that are on cable that we don't get - like "Homeland" or "Girls" or all the shows that always win the awards that I've never seen. (I didn't watch "Sex and the City" until it was on DVD!)

4. Do you ever go to movies alone?  Nope. I never go to the movies in general. Maybe I should plan an afternoon out alone and see a flick.

5. If you could only watch one TV show for the next year, which show would you choose and why?  I love "Big Bang Theory." I would probably watch that.

6. If you could star in one reality show, which one would it be and why?  When I was a teenager, I dreamed of being on "The Real World." Since then, I have never wanted to be on TV. (Though when "American Idol" was auditioning in Minneapolis several years ago, I did joke that I should go audition so I could be on the BAD reel.

7. If someone rented a billboard for you, what would it say? "Thanks for all you do, Momma!" I can wish, right?


8. Who is the most famous person with whom you have been in the same room? Hmm, not that I remember. I do always say that I was in the same room as Springsteen when I saw him in concert. Though, 8,000 other people were there, too. :)

9. If you were chosen to be a contestant on a TV game show, which show would you want to be on?  I have always wanted to be on Jeopardy. And I think I *could* do great at it if the categories were my strengths. I would also want to be on Wheel of Fortune - and I KNOW I could be good at that show. Really. I bet I'd win, as long as I didn't hit bankrupt.




10. If there was a movie being made about you, which actor would you choose to play you? Tina Fey, though she's older than me, so I'm not sure how that would work.



OK, so I have plenty of new blog posts in the works. I have a lot on my plate right now (but hopefully not a lot of food!), so I'm about 1/2 done with about a dozen projects. UGH. Anyway, Please follow my blog to see when my new posts come up! My topics include running, losing weight after quitting Weight Watchers, new delicious food finds. a DietBet I'm participating in and more!

3 comments:

  1. Tracy - hi! I love Big Bang Theory, too! I work in IT, not science, but I swear I work with all of those people!

    We usually watch Home Alone every Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers! We watch a lot of Sprout and don't watch many new shows either. I love your billboard idea - wouldn't that be nice! By the way, just have to tell you we're practically neighbors ( in the blog world anyway). I'm in Stillwater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find it funny when actors are older (noticeably) than the character they are playing, but it does happen. Matt Damon's character in the new Liberace movie is supposed to span from being a teenager to mid 20s, and the guy is in his 40s after all. So there is hope for Tina Fey to play you yet!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover