Friday, April 5, 2013

A few kind words go a long way

Twice in the past week, people have paid me compliments that have totally made my day.

In a rare warm(ish) day last week, I took the kids for a walk around the block. Our neighbors up the street were also out playing with their 3 year old Callie. Callie's dad, Chris, and I were talking and he made my day by saying I was looking great and that I'd lost some weight. It felt great to hear!

Then, later that week, I posted this photo of Hannie and me on Facebook:
Me & my Mini-Me

An old WW friend commented that I must be doing something right because I was looking great.

Both compliments made me feel good and have helped propel me into the next week - with the exception of Dairy Queen for lunch. Whoops!

I'm also continually working on accepting compliments. It's hard for me to do - sometimes I make a joke of it. Like, if someone said I was looking great, I'd probably joke and say something about how much I still had stuck on my body. But, I'm working on just saying "thank you" and feeling good. It's hard, but I'm working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover