Tuesday, March 19, 2013

33 Things

On my other blog, I wrote a list of 33 things I wanted to do this year when I was 33. Since that blog is supposed to be about my kids, I decided to move my list over here.

Here are the 33 things I want to do when I'm 33. I feel like I better get a move on. I mean, I'm almost 33-1/3! (Sorry, there's laughing in my head. We in Minnesota sort of make fun of those in Wisconsin. We think Wisconsinites would say that "turdy-tree and a turd." hahaha!)

Anyway, here's my list. I've crossed off those I've done and added comments about some of them.

1. Volunteer at Feed My Starving Children - at least twice.
2. Host a Christmas Cookie exchange. (I went to one... I won't be able to host one since I'll be 34 before Christmas)
3. Run a 5K, a 7K, a 10K, and a "longer than 10K" race (maybe a 10 mile or 1/2 marathon?).
4. Read at least 6 books for fun.
5. Make a family cookbook.
6. Take the kids to Wisconsin.
7. Get a pedicure.
8. Swim in a lake (with the kids).
9. Take a family vacation - that doesn't involve going to or staying at a relative's home.
10. Crochet a blanket (you'll remember that was a New Year's Resolution from last year, whoops, didn't get there...). ALMOST DONE!
11. Reconnect (ie: see in person) some old friends who I've not seen much since B&H were born
12. Paint my bedroom.
13. Take a sewing class.
14. Go to Lake Minnetonka.
15. Try Zumba at least once. I have been going to Zumba class every Wednesday!
16. Pay off one of my student loans
17. Send real paper cards to my immediate family members for their birthdays.
18. Sleep in (past 8:00) just once.
19. Stay up late (past 11:00) just once.
20. Go to a movie in the theater.
21. Go to a concert.
22. Go to a play or musical.
23. Leave a treat and thank you note for the mailman.
24. Take the kids on an airplane (Yikes! This is crazy!)
25. Take the Jeopardy online quiz again.
26. Go sledding (with the kids). Well, it was more me pulling them in the sleds, but that's better than nothing. And safer!
27. Learn a bit of basic graphic design.
28. Shovel my neighbor's sidewalk for no reason.
29. Wear pajamas all day.
30. Spend an entire day sitting at a coffee shop reading (without kids).
31. Go on a Girl's Weekend with my friends.
32. Donate blood.
33. Pay for someone's coffee who is behind me in line.

So I have only 3 totally done. WOW! I feel like I have a lot to do! But some are coming up. I am scheduled to volunteer at Feed My Starving Children in April, and I am also signed up for a 10K in April. We haven't had any birthdays in the family yet, but the first one is coming up at the end of March.  My BFF and I are going to a Fleetwood Mac concert in April and to see the play "Rock of Ages" in May.

The rest I really need to work on. I think the hardest thing will be the airplane. I don't know why I said I wanted to do that. I don't WANT to. I can't imagine them sitting still long enough for a plane ride. Though, we do have a lot of family that live a plane ride away. I'd love to go visit them this summer. But we'll see.

What's on your short bucket list??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover