Monday, June 17, 2013

FMM - Just Wondering!

Here it is Monday. Another chance to start new. My mom and stepdad came to Minnesota for a quick visit this weekend, and as always, I revert to my old eating self and ate my weight in junk. Seriously! I can stand up for myself in all aspects of my life except when my mom is around. Then I eat and eat and eat and eat anything that is in front of me. This weekend, we took a trip to Cossetta's and I ate more pasta than I have in months. It was delicious, mind you, but a quick peek at the scale on Sunday scared me!!

My daughter & my mom enjoying some (a lot) of pasta
Now on to normal Monday Business: Friend Makin' Monday!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!



Just Wondering

1.  Do you wear glasses and/or contacts?  I do. I wear glasses. I have since I was 10. People ask me if I want to get contacts and the answer is always no. My glasses are part of my personality and reflect who I am.

2.  Do you have summer vacation plans?  If so, where are you going?  Church camp with the kids, then Music and Art classes, storytimes, fun at the Y, playdates, and so on! For me: I hope to run about seven or eight 5K or longer races between now and October, so I better keep on training!

3.  What is your favorite food to eat for breakfast? Multigrain Cheerios with Vanilla Almond Milk and blueberries and bananas on top. When I am trying to have a lower carb day, I will make and egg or two, but I really love Multigrain Cheerios. (So do my kids!)

4. Do you enjoy window shopping?  I like to window online shop! Mostly when I am out at the Mall or somewhere, it's for a mission to get something. I either have the kids with me (so I don't have a lot of time before I lose their attention) or I have just an hour or two to myself (so no time for dilly-dallying!)

5. What is your favorite candle scent? I don't really like candles and with two toddlers, they aren't very safe. But I do like a nice peppermint or cinnamon or other homey/holiday scent at Christmas time.

6.  If you had to choose between going to a zoo or an aquarium, which one would you pick? Zoo. My kids love it and I like to walk around outside. Here in the Twin Cities, we have two zoos to choose from: the Minnesota Zoo or the Como Zoo. Minnesota Zoo is expensive if you don't have a membership (we do), but so worth it, IMO. Como Zoo is a free city park, but it's always overcrowded and a lot of the animals are in cement cages. It smells bad and depresses me.


7.  How many times do you plan to exercise this week?  At least 3 or 4. I've started running in the morning before my kids get up and I *love* it!!! It's nice and quiet and cool. I live just 3 blocks from the Mississippi River Road, which is a nice route to run, so I hope to get out there at least 3 times this week, plus one trip to the Y for some elliptical work (and a break from the kids!). The Y also recently started offering Water Zumba, which I think sounds interesting. I want to try that on Saturday morning.

8.  Do you speak another language fluently? Not even a little. I wish I had kept up my Spanish, though. I took a few years in college, but then dropped it for something else.
 
9.  What are you currently reading?  I've just started reading Raising a Son and Loving Frank at the same time. I alternate which one I choose when I read before bed.
Isn't the cover of this book
HILARIOUS?!

 10.  What are you looking forward to most in the coming week?  My best friend is in the hospital having a baby as I type. I CANNOT WAIT to go meet him!!!!!! (and see her, too).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your friend and her baby! That's super exciting. My friend had a baby last week and I'm thrilled for her :)

    I wish I spoke Spanish! It would be so handy especially since I'm in Florida.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally bowing down before your 7-8 races between now and October. Go girl! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover