Friday, June 28, 2013

I may be crazy!

Queue the Billy Joel:


Among the latest reasons I may be crazy is my summer running calendar! I have 6 races (mostly 5Ks, but one 10K) on the calendar between July 1 and August 31. WOW!

First, the Hot Dam 5K on July 3rd. I'm excited for this one because it's an evening race (though, it might be hot), there's beer at the end, it's my old stomping grounds, I'm running with a friend, AND there's nothing I want more than a T-Shirt that says Hot Dam! on it. :)

Then up is the Color Run on July 14th.
I was a bit coerced to doing the Color Run. I had a lot of friends who ran it last year and it looked like a big, busy mess! When I run a race, I run to do the best I can do - and the Color Run looks like a crazy mayhem! But, my friends convinced me to do it with them, and I'm not one to turn down a child-free day. I'm most concerned about getting the color dye on my glasses. What if I won't be able to see where I'm going?!

Then, in a first for me, I'm doing back-to-back 5Ks in a single weekend. Saturday July 20th is the Highland Fest 5K, part of my neighborhood celebration. Then on Sunday July 21st I'm venturing to Red Wing for the Falconer 5K. I'm so excited for this one! Wine tasting at the end!!

I take a few weeks off, but then jump back in with one of my favorite races, the Milk Run at the Minnesota State Fair on Aug. 25th. This was one of the first 5K races I ever ran in 2005 or 2006 and it is SO FUN! The winners of this race get a blue ribbon - something that I am certain I will never earn. But it's fun to dream!

And the last race I'm registered for this summer is the Women Rock 10K on Aug. 31st. Should be a fun race - near my house, a fun distance, running with a friend, champagne at the end. Can't wait!






Pretty busy running summer! I have plans for the fall, too, but I think I need to get through the summer first. Races are so addicting - I love the atmosphere. I love challenging myself. I love the goodie bags you get. I love wearing my T-shirt with pride.

I hope to see my times improve throughout this summer... but even if not, I will remember this summer by how many races I ran!

Do you run races? What do you like about them?



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Busy busy! I thought I had missed the color run in the twin cities - bummer! I'm a struggling runner, though. My goal is the Lupus Run in Plymouth on Sept 14. If you want another 5K to add to your busy schedule we also have a team set up "Nix Lupus."

    I'm in awe that you're doing all of those! I keep hoping I'm playing it way up in my head and it won't be that bad... Fingers crossed!

    Kristin
    Likea2-year-old.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover