Saturday, March 9, 2013

Trial Separation

Dear Weight Watchers,

It's time we had a talk.

I find you unmotivating. But don't worry, it's me; not you. I know you're a valid program, but for a seasoned veteran like me, I'm bored. When I first met you 8 years ago, everything was new and I was learning a LOT about how to lose weight. Since then, I've gotten lazy and you're not doing much to motivate me.

I find you frustrating. I wake up on Saturday morning feeling good about Weigh In - only to get to the meeting and feel defeated. This week I was certain I'd see a 1-2 lb loss, only to see a 0.6 lb gain. AGAIN. I'm not sure what is going on, but I don't like feeling deflated.

I find you elementary. I haven't learned anything from you in close to 6 years. The program has changed, but it's the same old stuff week after week. I find myself reaching for the same old foods time and time again - empty calories of crackers, 100-calorie packets, low fat and diet food - all while staying w/in my points range. But not seeing results and not fueling my body.

So, we need a break. Not a break-up, not yet, but a break. But I am going to be honest: I am going to see other diet programs while we are on our break, so don't go all "Ross-and-Rachel" on me. I'm not ready to let you go 100% yet. Afterall, you've been my crutch for these past 8 years. But I need to step away from you for a week or two. Consider this a Trial Separation

Sincerely,
Me - you know, the one who's gained and lost the same 5 lbs since Dec. 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover